Projekte Detail EN

Photo: Christian Gahl

”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn“ Berlin
Renovation and Restoration to Original Conditions of 1930

Client: Dr. Christa Kliemke and Prof. Robert Wischer, Berlin
Service: Architectural services, phases 3 – 8 HOAI
Completion: 10/2011
Gross floor area: 456 m²

Awards: Federal Award for Craft in the Preservation of Monuments, 1st Prize

A Landmark of the New Objectivity
The ”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn 25“ is a single-family home from 1930 in Berlin. It is located in a villa settlement in the Charlottenburg district and stands today as a landmark of early modern architecture. After a period of decay and numerous modifications, the building suffered a series of makeshift attempts at repair. Architects Prof. Robert Wischer and Dr. Christa Kliemke purchased the house and pressed on with its renovation. The first phase began with the renewal of the façade, a steel frame structure covered in white stucco.

The restoration took place in three phases. The first comprised the preservation of the existing substance of the building. The second focused on interior work, starting with the removal of partition walls added after the initial construction of the house and ending with the restoration of the windows to their original condition. Original red linoleum flooring was returned to the stairwell, while the upper floors received the grey linoleum formerly installed there. The living spaces were painted with mineral pigments in eggshell hues. Just as in 1930, the stairwell was painted in the same eggshell colour, but with high-gloss paint. Velour carpeting was installed in the parlour. The third phase revolved around the renovation of the exterior façades. Interior walls and the stairwell received surface restoration treatments, the pergola was thoroughly refurbished and the library rebuilt according to historic preservation standards.

Photo: Christian Gahl

”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn“ Berlin
Renovation and Restoration to Original Conditions of 1930

Client: Dr. Christa Kliemke and Prof. Robert Wischer, Berlin
Service: Architectural services, phases 3 – 8 HOAI
Completion: 10/2011
Gross floor area: 456 m²

Awards: Federal Award for Craft in the Preservation of Monuments, 1st Prize

A Landmark of the New Objectivity
The ”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn 25“ is a single-family home from 1930 in Berlin. It is located in a villa settlement in the Charlottenburg district and stands today as a landmark of early modern architecture. After a period of decay and numerous modifications, the building suffered a series of makeshift attempts at repair. Architects Prof. Robert Wischer and Dr. Christa Kliemke purchased the house and pressed on with its renovation. The first phase began with the renewal of the façade, a steel frame structure covered in white stucco.

The restoration took place in three phases. The first comprised the preservation of the existing substance of the building. The second focused on interior work, starting with the removal of partition walls added after the initial construction of the house and ending with the restoration of the windows to their original condition. Original red linoleum flooring was returned to the stairwell, while the upper floors received the grey linoleum formerly installed there. The living spaces were painted with mineral pigments in eggshell hues. Just as in 1930, the stairwell was painted in the same eggshell colour, but with high-gloss paint. Velour carpeting was installed in the parlour. The third phase revolved around the renovation of the exterior façades. Interior walls and the stairwell received surface restoration treatments, the pergola was thoroughly refurbished and the library rebuilt according to historic preservation standards.

Photo: Christian Gahl

”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn“ Berlin
Renovation and Restoration to Original Conditions of 1930

Client: Dr. Christa Kliemke and Prof. Robert Wischer, Berlin
Service: Architectural services, phases 3 – 8 HOAI
Completion: 10/2011
Gross floor area: 456 m²

Awards: Federal Award for Craft in the Preservation of Monuments, 1st Prize

A Landmark of the New Objectivity
The ”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn 25“ is a single-family home from 1930 in Berlin. It is located in a villa settlement in the Charlottenburg district and stands today as a landmark of early modern architecture. After a period of decay and numerous modifications, the building suffered a series of makeshift attempts at repair. Architects Prof. Robert Wischer and Dr. Christa Kliemke purchased the house and pressed on with its renovation. The first phase began with the renewal of the façade, a steel frame structure covered in white stucco.

The restoration took place in three phases. The first comprised the preservation of the existing substance of the building. The second focused on interior work, starting with the removal of partition walls added after the initial construction of the house and ending with the restoration of the windows to their original condition. Original red linoleum flooring was returned to the stairwell, while the upper floors received the grey linoleum formerly installed there. The living spaces were painted with mineral pigments in eggshell hues. Just as in 1930, the stairwell was painted in the same eggshell colour, but with high-gloss paint. Velour carpeting was installed in the parlour. The third phase revolved around the renovation of the exterior façades. Interior walls and the stairwell received surface restoration treatments, the pergola was thoroughly refurbished and the library rebuilt according to historic preservation standards.

Photo: Christian Gahl

”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn“ Berlin
Renovation and Restoration to Original Conditions of 1930

Client: Dr. Christa Kliemke and Prof. Robert Wischer, Berlin
Service: Architectural services, phases 3 – 8 HOAI
Completion: 10/2011
Gross floor area: 456 m²

Awards: Federal Award for Craft in the Preservation of Monuments, 1st Prize

A Landmark of the New Objectivity
The ”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn 25“ is a single-family home from 1930 in Berlin. It is located in a villa settlement in the Charlottenburg district and stands today as a landmark of early modern architecture. After a period of decay and numerous modifications, the building suffered a series of makeshift attempts at repair. Architects Prof. Robert Wischer and Dr. Christa Kliemke purchased the house and pressed on with its renovation. The first phase began with the renewal of the façade, a steel frame structure covered in white stucco.

The restoration took place in three phases. The first comprised the preservation of the existing substance of the building. The second focused on interior work, starting with the removal of partition walls added after the initial construction of the house and ending with the restoration of the windows to their original condition. Original red linoleum flooring was returned to the stairwell, while the upper floors received the grey linoleum formerly installed there. The living spaces were painted with mineral pigments in eggshell hues. Just as in 1930, the stairwell was painted in the same eggshell colour, but with high-gloss paint. Velour carpeting was installed in the parlour. The third phase revolved around the renovation of the exterior façades. Interior walls and the stairwell received surface restoration treatments, the pergola was thoroughly refurbished and the library rebuilt according to historic preservation standards.

”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn“ Berlin
Renovation and Restoration to Original Conditions of 1930

Client: Dr. Christa Kliemke and Prof. Robert Wischer, Berlin
Service: Architectural services, phases 3 – 8 HOAI
Completion: 10/2011
Gross floor area: 456 m²

Awards: Federal Award for Craft in the Preservation of Monuments, 1st Prize

A Landmark of the New Objectivity
The ”Landhaus Am Rupenhorn 25“ is a single-family home from 1930 in Berlin. It is located in a villa settlement in the Charlottenburg district and stands today as a landmark of early modern architecture. After a period of decay and numerous modifications, the building suffered a series of makeshift attempts at repair. Architects Prof. Robert Wischer and Dr. Christa Kliemke purchased the house and pressed on with its renovation. The first phase began with the renewal of the façade, a steel frame structure covered in white stucco.

The restoration took place in three phases. The first comprised the preservation of the existing substance of the building. The second focused on interior work, starting with the removal of partition walls added after the initial construction of the house and ending with the restoration of the windows to their original condition. Original red linoleum flooring was returned to the stairwell, while the upper floors received the grey linoleum formerly installed there. The living spaces were painted with mineral pigments in eggshell hues. Just as in 1930, the stairwell was painted in the same eggshell colour, but with high-gloss paint. Velour carpeting was installed in the parlour. The third phase revolved around the renovation of the exterior façades. Interior walls and the stairwell received surface restoration treatments, the pergola was thoroughly refurbished and the library rebuilt according to historic preservation standards.

▼ Projektinfo